Peanut Butter Criss-Cross Cookies
I am sooo excited to share the best peanut butter criss-cross cookie recipe with you today friends!
For years, and I mean years, I have been searching for a perfect peanut butter cookie recipe that would satisfy my peanut butter loving heart, but to no avail. Finally, I decided it was high time that I just do the best I could with the knowledge I had and try to develop my own recipe that would satisfy my peanut butter cookie cravings.
I have finally done it! This recipe is full of peanut butter flavor and they are the perfect soft and slightly chewy texture. I love them!
This recipe makes a large batch. Which is great, because I can leave a few out for my kids as an after school treat and put the rest in the freezer to be pulled out on a busy day later. That way, I won't be nearly as tempted to indulge in those defrosting cookies as I would be tempted by these babies coming fresh and hot out of the oven.
And yes, these cookies freeze beautifully. We have also frozen the dough and defrosted it to bake later and that has resulted in perfect peanut butter cookies too! If you want to try freezing the dough, you can check out my tip for freezing cookie dough here.
If my kids happen to be home when I am making these, I put them to work making the criss-cross patterns on the cookies after I roll them into balls. They love it!
Just looking at these pictures makes me want to sneak one of these out of the freezer.
This recipe calls for natural peanut butter and that is all I have ever used, so I’m not sure how any substitutions would turn out. If you are feeling adventurous and want to try a different kind of peanut butter or another nut butter, I would guess that you would have pretty good luck.
Perfect Peanut Butter Criss-Cross Cookies
- 1 cup butter (I use salted)
- 1 1/2 cups creamy natural peanut butter (the kind where the only ingredients are peanuts and possibly salt)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. good vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In the bowl of your stand-mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Cream together well. Add the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until fluffy. Then add the flour and stir until combined.
- Roll the dough into balls, (I use my medium cookie scoop to ensure they are all about the same size.) and place them on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Using a fork, gently flatten the cookies in a criss-cross pattern, making sure not to press too hard.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.